News for rely
This file lists the major changes between versions. For a more detailed list of
every change, see the Git log.
- Minor: Use new version of waf. This allows CMake to skip internal
- Minor: Added missing function encoder::is_repair_trigger_disabled().
- Major: Moved rely app to separate repository:
- Major: Changed packet_is_systematic to is_packet_repair.
- Minor: Expose helper functions to read packet information in Rely. See the
src/rely/packet.hpp file for more information.
- Minor: Added performance counters for number of linear dependent and excess
repair and source symbols.
- Major: Merged reference/test application UDP and TUN mode.
- Minor: Added tester mode to Rely test application. The tester mode runs as a
traffic generator - such that a Rely sender and receiver can run standalone.
- Major: Update Rely header format to allow stream and window to be managed
- Patch: Document and handle stream disconnect.
- Minor: Added encoder::set_flush_threshold() and encoder::flush_threshold() to
deal with network jitter.
- Minor: Implemented lower bound release in the decoder. Effectively releases
unreleased symbols if the encoder has dropped them.
- Minor: Update Evaluation License to version 1.3.
- Major: Change cmake build to be object library based.
- Major: Upgrade kodo-slide to version 11.
- Major: Upgrade platform to version 4.
- Major: Upgrade chunkie to version 11.
- Major: Upgrade endian to version 12.
- Major: Upgrade recycle to version 6.
- Major: Upgrade bourne to version 9.
- Minor: Upgrade tunnel to version 5.
- Minor: Added to_repair_count helper function.
- Minor: Added generate_repair to the encoder API.
- Major: Renamed set_repair to set_repair_trigger.
- Major: Renamed repair_rate to repair_trigger_rate.
- Major: Renamed repair_interval to repair_trigger_interval.
- Major: Renamed repair_target to repair_trigger_target.
- Major: Renamed disable_repair to disable_repair_trigger.
- Minor: Added install step to CMake.
- Patch: Add missing implementation for counter_name for encoder and decoder.
- Major: Make resolved symlinks relative
- Patch: Improve the titles in the benchmark plots
- Minor: Added
catch_up functions to encoder and
decoder. This allows changing the timeout after
- Minor: Added/updated API to reset and iterate through the different
- Major: Change the meaning of the –mtu option when running the Rely
application in TUN mode.
- Minor: Support logfile output when running Rely application in TUN mode.
- Major: Update chunkie dependency.
- Major: Update bitter dependency.
- Major: Update recycle dependency.
- Major: Update endian dependency.
- Major: Update kodo-slide dependency.
- Minor: Updated Rely application to use flush and optionally flush_repair.
- Minor: Add documentation on content aware encoding with Rely.
- Minor: Add documentation on Rely’s packet loss protection approach.
- Patch: Fix issue where encoder::flush_repair() would generate too many repair
symbols for a given repair rate.
- Minor: Added a number of additional performance counters.
- Major: Remove the symbols_encoded(), symbols_decoded(), symbols_dropped()
etc. in favor of performance counters.
- Minor: Adding performance counters for monitoring performance.
- Major: Update to Rely Evaluation License 1.2, and
Rely Research License 1.2.
- Patch: Fix issue with TCP in tun application.
- Patch: Fix hello world example.
- Minor: Added encoder::flush_repair() function for flushing repair symbols
manually. Doing so force the encoder to satisfy the repair requirements all
source symbols currently in the stream.
- Minor: Added encoder::stream_size() and decoder::stream_size() which exposes
the number of packets currently in the stream.
- Minor: Added simple hello_world example.
- Major: Changed packet_bytes to max_packet_bytes.
- Major: Changed packets_dropped to symbols_dropped.
- Major: Changed packets_decoded to symbols_decoded.
- Minor: Added encoder stats which exposes repair_symbols_encoded,
source_symbols_encoded, and symbols_encoded.
- Patch: Fixed a bug which caused the decoder to throw away useful data, making
it far less effective.
- Major: Added support for variable symbol length.
- Major: Re-wrote API to support timeout and decouple it from IO.
- Major: Update license to Evaluation License Version 1.2.
- Minor: Added CMake support.
- Patch: Actually the initial release.