News for rely
This file lists the major changes between versions. For a more detailed list of
every change, see the Git log.
- Patch: Add missing implementation for counter_name for encoder and decoder.
- Major: Make resolved symlinks relative
- Patch: Improve the titles in the benchmark plots
- Minor: Added
catch_up functions to encoder and
decoder. This allows changing the timeout after
- Minor: Added/updated API to reset and iterate through the different
- Major: Change the meaning of the –mtu option when running the Rely
application in TUN mode.
- Minor: Support logfile output when running Rely application in TUN mode.
- Major: Update chunkie dependency.
- Major: Update bitter dependency.
- Major: Update recycle dependency.
- Major: Update endian dependency.
- Major: Update kodo-slide dependency.
- Minor: Updated Rely application to use flush and optionally flush_repair.
- Minor: Add documentation on content aware encoding with Rely.
- Minor: Add documentation on Rely’s packet loss protection approach.
- Patch: Fix issue where encoder::flush_repair() would generate too many repair
symbols for a given repair rate.
- Minor: Added a number of additional performance counters.
- Major: Remove the symbols_encoded(), symbols_decoded(), symbols_dropped()
etc. in favor of performance counters.
- Minor: Adding performance counters for monitoring performance.
- Major: Update to Rely Evaluation License 1.2, and
Rely Research License 1.2.
- Patch: Fix issue with TCP in tun application.
- Patch: Fix hello world example.
- Minor: Added encoder::flush_repair() function for flushing repair symbols
manually. Doing so force the encoder to satisfy the repair requirements all
source symbols currently in the stream.
- Minor: Added encoder::stream_size() and decoder::stream_size() which exposes
the number of packets currently in the stream.
- Minor: Added simple hello_world example.
- Major: Changed packet_bytes to max_packet_bytes.
- Major: Changed packets_dropped to symbols_dropped.
- Major: Changed packets_decoded to symbols_decoded.
- Minor: Added encoder stats which exposes repair_symbols_encoded,
source_symbols_encoded, and symbols_encoded.
- Patch: Fixed a bug which caused the decoder to throw away useful data, making
it far less effective.
- Major: Added support for variable symbol length.
- Major: Re-wrote API to support timeout and decouple it from IO.
- Major: Update license to Evaluation License Version 1.2.
- Minor: Added CMake support.
- Patch: Actually the initial release.